- Size – 23,634 sq ft
- Project type – Acquisition
- Location – Southbank
- Industry – Legal
- Year completed – 2013
Clients key concerns & challenges
- A legal practice that had been based in Mayfair for many years and was reluctant to relocate from its traditional heartland
- A practical requirement to manage its cost based in the face of steeply rising occupational costs in Mayfair
- C&W advised Boodle Hatfield in formulating and then implementing a real estate strategy that led to a relocation from Mayfair to Blackfriars Road on the Southbank.
- C&W analysis demonstrated that the transport impact of a relocation could be minimised, whereby occupational costs could be halved.
Excellent understanding of the legal sector
Boodle Hatfield had been based in Mayfair for many years, and were reluctant to leave the area. However, steeply rising costs drove the need for a move.
To help, we worked with their team to create a real estate strategy that minimised the impact on employee’s commutes. The final choice, a space on Blackfriars Road on the culturally distinctive South Bank, halved their rental costs.
“In a complex project including sensitivities over timing, their project management team were highly professional in bringing this project to a successful conclusion. We would highly recommend the team”