- Size – 312,000 sq ft
- Project type – Acquisition
- Location – West End
- Industry – Media
- Year completed – 2017
Clients key concerns & challenges
- Create a new HQ for all Dentsu Aegis brands in Central London
- Consolidation of over 12 offices across Central London
- Structure any transaction to allow flexibility to allow for significant headcount growth
- Agreed pre-let on 312,000 sq ft at 1 Triton Square, Regents Place
- In depth design inputs to the pre let scheme, including additional entrances and restructuring of the atrium
- Detailed cash flows accounting for the new property and the existing portfolio, this analysis also included an exit strategy across the portfolio
- Negotiated a surrender agreement of the existing property on the Regents Place campus at the time of practical completion to provide maximum flexibility for headcount and acquisitions.
A new headquarters, with room for more heads
Dentsu Aegis had a number of brands in Central London. To help them work better together, and realise cost savings, they wanted to consolidate them into one building.
However, as well as bringing more than 12 offices together; the new site needed the flexibility to house even more people as the business grew and acquired new brands.
After careful consideration, a pre-let was agreed on 312,000 sq ft at 1 Triton Square, Regents Place. Central to all the old offices, it gave the business the scale and cultural cache it required, along with the ability to make it their own. In fact, Dentsu Aegis had a large input in the building’s final design: adding entrances and restructuring the atrium.Throughout, we developed detailed cash flows for the new property and existing portfolio, creating an exit strategy that ensured Dentsu Aegis were within budget.
We also negotiated a surrender agreement with a tenant in an existing property on the Regents Place campus, which Dentsu Aegis could then activate when they needed further room.