- Size – 15,800 sq ft
- Project type – Acquisition and short term extensions at previous office locations
- Location – Acquisition in Covent Garden, short term extensions in Hammersmith & Midtown
- Industry – Technology
- Year completed – 2017
- Fit-out – Thirdway
- Project managed by Cushman & Wakefield
Clients key challenges& concerns
- Consolidation of two different businesses into 1 new Central London office location.
- Minimal impact on staff and to improve talent retention. How to manage this when half the staff base moved from an office in Hammersmith.
- Very tight time frames due to lease expiries within existing portfolio.
- Acquired 15,800 sq ft in 1 Strand, Covent Garden.
- Successfully consolidated 3 different offices and two businesses into 1 central office.
- Managed to complete legals within required short time period to allow for successful occupation on target date.
You maintained a professional yet fun outlook on the project
Diligent’s mergers and acquisitions activity meant they needed to combine two businesses across three offices – in Hammersmith and Midtown – into one address.
Two of the existing leases were almost complete. So we negotiated short term extensions to give the business time to get their new property ready.
The eventual 15,833 sq ft space at One Strand was fitted out in just six weeks. It has given the two businesses a new shared identity, and helped smooth the integration of cultures.