- Size – 45,390 sq ft
- Project type – Acquisition
- Location – King’s Cross
- Industry – Technology
- Year completed – 2015
- Project managed by Cushman & Wakefield
Clients key concerns & challenges
- Expansion premises, located near to Expedia’s European HQ at The Angel Building in Islington
- Short-term flexible premises, with a lease expiry aligned to that of the main HQ
- An inspiring workplace that could help Expedia attract and retain employees
- C&W identified a building near to The Angel Building and negotiated a short term flexible lease aligned with Expedia’s needs
- Expedia refurbished the premises to provide an inspirational new workplace. C&W provided project management advice for the fit out.
An excellent joined up approach
Expedia needed more room. However, with a relatively short lease left on their European HQ, it made sense to look at an expansion option near their Islington base.
The final solution was a building near to their main offices, let for a short-term that expired at the same time as their main HQ’s. To make sure it didn’t feel ‘temporary’, our project management team helped Expedia refurbish the premises in inspirational style.