London International Film School
- Size – 17,772 sq ft
- Project type – Acquisition
- Location – Canary Wharf
- Industry – Educational Services
- Year completed – 2016
Client key concerns & challenges
- Identifying a location that would be accessible for both staff and students
- Securing a fit for purpose building that could accommodate the bespoke requirements of the School
- Ensuring a focus on strict budgetary requirements
- C&W identified and secured a redundant building at London City Island, a residential development to the east of Canary Wharf.
- The building satisfied the School’s needs for access, design and affordability
Paddington’s most ambitious campus
4 Kingdom Street is designed to accommodate the latest working trends. Its private corner and roof terraces provide plenty of outside space.
Sitting beside the Grand Union Canal, the cavernous building is spread over nine floors. It is very much a modern campus, with free fitness, running and craft classes, mini basketball court, hidden restaurants and bars, and deckchair areas with screens showing films and sporting events.
The wider neighbourhood has its own delights too. The canal is welcoming new floating restaurants, and the surrounding developments add to the area’s sense of style.
Paddington Station, a seven-minute walk, is the focus for transport. From there, King’s Cross is seven minutes, Waterloo 12, Liverpool Street 10, Bond Street three, and Heathrow around 20 minutes.