- Size – 6,000 – 110,000 sq ft
- Project type – Acquisition, Surrender and Occupier led disposal
- Location – Clerkenwell & Shoreditch, Noho, Paddington, Soho & Covent Garden and Victoria.
- Industry – Technology
- Year completed – 2012 – 2018
Clients key concerns & challenges
- A forever evolving portfolio due to various M&A activity.
- A high growth, continually changing head count.
- A business with attracting and retaining talent at its core.
- A rationalisation of London Real Estate driving 4 buildings into 1.
- A clean and cost-effective exit from all required dispositions.
- A new HQ which fosters creativity and collaboration in a world class working environment.
A single location to house four buildings’ worth of teams
Microsoft first engaged with us in 2012, and we have since overseen a huge number of moves and acquisitions for them. However, when they decided to centralise their London real estate portfolio, the challenge of finding the right location and space was a hugely complex one.
In reality, this was about pinpointing a single location to house four buildings’ worth of teams. There were only a few properties with the size and resources to meet this brief, especially considering Microsoft’s understandable drive to be located in a prestigious area.
The eventual new HQ, in Paddington, has been precisely tailored for the kind of innovative, creative work Microsoft excels at. It has flexibility built in, and can house many more employees as times goes by.
Ultimately, the business now works together more effectively and efficiently. We also supported their efforts to dispose of previous locations in the most cost-effective way.