- Size – 70,000 sq ft Pre Let and 55,000 sq ft Swing Space
- Project type – Acquisition and Regear
- Location – Noho
- Industry – Media
- Year completed – 2012
Clients key concerns & challenges
- Desire to maintain Core West End location for talent attraction and retention.
- Increasing costs in core West End.
- Lack of supply of suitable West End buildings.
- Identified a number of suitable on and off market opportunities.
- Negotiated an effective pre- let, moving out and back in to their existing HQ after partnering with the Landlord to fully redevelop.
- Identified and secured nearby swing space for 2 years to allow for required works
Finding the right solution to not moving
When we first met Publicis, we quickly found that they wanted to stay in their spiritual home in the West End. Not just for history’s sake; but to attract and retain the best people. However, they were concerned with the area’s increasing costs and the small number of buildings that matched their blue-chip profile.
We found a number of on and off market opportunities that met Publicis’s brief. But while they liked many of them, they could not see themselves making the move.
The eventual solution was to transform Publicis’ existing home. To support the strategy, we found them a temporary home for two years, and made sure their pre-let agreement on their long-term home was 100% watertight.