- Size – 12,000 sq ft
- Project type – Acquisition
- Location – Victoria
- Industry – Media
- Year completed – 2016
Clients key concerns & challenges
- Space needed to cater for permanent employees, touch down space and clients
- Timing concerns over practical completion of short listed options
- Security concerns and a need to satisfy lots of requirements
- Although there were some delays with the delivery of the building, the outcome was a single floor (as opposed to sharing a floor) on the 10th floor in a smart building, close to Victoria station with lots of new amenities in the immediate vicinity.
A space that ‘wowed’ employees and guests
Sky needed a new space to solve some key issues. First, it was to be a permanent home for a range of teams. Second, act as a touch down space for people either working on their own or in teams. And third, provide a sleek meeting environment to host clients.
As a selection of properties was put together, it became clear that many couldn’t meet the short timelines. Plus there were some security concerns around the high-profile figures and confidential project teams who might use the space.
The solution was to take a complete floor, rather than a shared one, in a building filled with technological enhancements. This smart space not only served to give employees a great platform on which to work; but also suitably impressed everyone who walked through its doors.